Find out more about us online!

Find out more about us online!
Itsaboutlove.org Family Profile # 22223654 or email us donnelandfrank@gmail.com

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fruitcake... the root of all evil?

I'm just going to come right out and say it. Fruitcake is a very questionable as food. Yes, it is a holiday tradition. Yes, William and Kate had it for their wedding cake. And yes, it is scientifically proven that fruitcake can, will, and currently does have a shelf life of no less than 3,000 years. Was it used in some castles in Europe..... only one for sure and that was in Bavaria.
And that was done by a person named 'Mad' King Ludwig. OK, down to non-sarcastic issues. DonNel is gearing up for the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert Series this week. Two internationally renowned performers—Jane Seymour, beloved British actress, artist and author, and Nathan Gunn, much sought-after American baritone—will take the stage with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square December 15-18. This should be lots of fun. What is very interesting is that in the past they usually they print 5% more tickets than they have seats. Because of last year they are not doing that anymore. Something about everyone who had a ticket actually showed up. My advice is if you have a ticket... get there early.... if you don't have a ticket and want to try a standby ticket.... good luck... get there early. Show up late and you get nothing but cold. As for the tree... it is decorated..... outside..... well I am a wimp and it is cold outside
..... my true excuse.... I have been making danish pastries and giving them away to neighbors and ward members. I have not even eaten one. But I have been told by my wife that I am not allowed to leave them lying around the kitchen when she is home. Something about Cherry-cheese danish missing and no witnesses. I am now moving on to croissants.... may the patron saint of pastry have mercy on my soul. Let me know what you all think. Best to all.

No comments: